Tuesday, May 19, 2015

April showers bring May flowers

There are so many flowers out now it is so pretty. And dandelions. I took pictures with a lot of flowers but I lost my camera. Maybe it's a sign that I should stop taking selfies with pansies and start doing the work of the Lord. It has been beautiful weather lately. We had a walking lesson in the park, got fed a lot by walking by barbecues, and we crashed a graduation party but they were the nicest people and invited us in for tacos and everything. Transfers are on thursday, I'll probably stay here in Marshalltown for at least this transfer though, I love it here so much.

In Preach My Gospel, it talks about listening to people first, and then responding. You shouldn't try to think about your response until they're finished speaking, and then you listen to the Spirit and share what's on your heart. And so this week, I decided to try that out and it works very well I definitely recommend it haha. God knows the people we're teaching way better than we do, so we just need to listen to what God is telling us to tell those who we're teaching. I love being a missionary and helping people out, and helping people find joy in Christ. D&C 84:85 "Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man."

No comments:

Post a Comment