Monday, July 25, 2016

Iowa

This week my companion and I walked into a mexican party with people we'd never met before. They fed us, and my companion ate 2 huge jalapenos in one bite and gained some mad street cred.

Also, an 11-year-old told me "You are good at everything... except gymnastics"

So this week I had a lesson with a 90-year-old that's going to be baptized next week, and asked him some questions to gauge how much he had been taught and his commitment level. I asked him if he would be willing to keep the sabbath day holy, which includes going to church and try to set sundays apart as special from other days. He said "I try to keep every day holy. God created the 7th day, but he also created the other six." Words of wisdom. He also kept repeating how this is the biggest decision he's ever made in his life. I love him he's so great!!

We met our new mission president and his wife, they're amazing!!!! I went to the bathroom before the meeting and there I found the new mission president before anyone else had met him haha so I met him first. He said "wow what a place to meet your new mission president". He said D&C 81:5 is what we do as missionaries, and the gospel is how we do it. SO COOL. "Wherefore, be faithful; stand in the office which I have appointed unto you; succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees."

Also, a friend downloaded pokemon go which is an app where you capture pokemon in real life!!! We went finding for people to teach as we were finding pokemon around the neighborhood haha so funny. 
the pictures of us finding pokemon:
and looks like a pidgy that a car got to before we did.


No comments:

Post a Comment