Monday, April 6, 2015

Eye for an Eye


So there were four cool things which happened this week, the first two being April fool's day and Easter. The third is that the prophets, apostles, and leaders of the church talked to us on saturday and sunday!!! And some of our friends came to watch it with us!! I'll talk about that a little more later. Also, the fourth cool thing is I met a guy who was near-sighted, but got lasik surgery done on his left eye. So he opens just his left eye for driving and talking to people and his right eye to read. I honestly thought that was awesome haha Oh and I also learned how to solve a rubix cube this week #blessings 

So my favorite talk this weekend was President Uchtdorf's talk during the Priesthood Session. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2015/04?lang=eng&vid=4154406128001&cid=7
It's just short of 18 minutes, but well worth it!! My favorite part is when he says that the church is not like a showroom, it's more of a service center. It's where we all go to try and improve ourselves, not to show off. I love how in his talk he focused on doing everything for the right reasons, serving others, studying the scriptures, and praying, all out of love for God, not to be seen of men. I also love how I think he referenced Mosiah4:19 in the Book of Mormon which is now my favorite scripture. It says:
"19 For behold, are we not all beggarsDo we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?"

I love bringing others closer to Christ and watching them find true peace in their lives because of His gospel!
Also, the picture of me and the basketball makes me laugh every time. And I broke my camera because it fell when I was trying to take another cool picture so y'all probably won't be getting any pictures for a while haha


No comments:

Post a Comment