Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I Met Dan Gable

I MET DAN GABLE!!! So crazy. For those of you philistine to the wrestling world, he is the Michael Jordan of wrestling pretty much. I froze up and my hands got clammy and I didn't hold a conversation with him, but still cool haha. We saw him at a book signing at the library! I had him sign my Book of Mormon. The librarian gave me the water bottle he drank out of during the book talk haha. The librarians like us now, because we've been re-mulching the front and mowing, and they saved us a spot and took pictures of us with him it was really fun. 


Also this week, we got pulled over by the police and I made friends with a squirrel. 


So this week I've been thinking a lot about how every single person says they're busy. It's true everyone is busy! It's hard to make time for anything, but we are as busy as we think we are. I've seen super-busy single mothers of four who work and go to school still have time for prayers and scripture study and church and have a wonderful home and family, and people that have no job or family that say they are too busy to read the scriptures. But I know that as we apply the counsel found in Matthew6:33, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you", we will find greater peace in our lives as we make time for the things of God. These include the before-mentioned tasks, but also serving and helping others out, not withholding compliments, or just smiling at someone. Life is too short and there are too many struggling and miserable people to not help out. I know that as we try to become more like Christ our lives are happier!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment