Monday, June 15, 2015

I love being a Missionary!

The weather is starting to change to sort of houston weather hot and humid I really like it reminds me of home <3 This week we got black-boxes installed in our car that tell us when we need to slow down, put on our seat belt, or are driving aggressively, It's pretty cool I like it. Also a 16-year-old who is preparing to go on a mission came with us for 3 days. It was so awesome we had Robert, he's a super smart guy. When posed the question, "If you could be a famous professional athlete, which sport would you choose?" He chose "chess, the intellectual sport". We learned a lot from eachother it was awesome. One of our friends gave us a referral for someone we could teach, and we went and helped him on his car sanding and painting and a bunch of stuff I know nothing about, but my companion Elder Baird was able to teach us haha. And funny story a missionary in my district just got an e-mail from his dad saying good luck in Ohio. Haha I myself am starting to think that Iowa and Ohio and Idaho are all the same state.

This week one scripture I loved sharing with people we came in contact with was from the Book of Mormon, in Alma 36:3, it says: And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.
I know that true peace and support come from when we put our trust in God. Bad things still happen, but we have a place to turn and we have greater perspective. I love this gospel, and I love being a missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment