Monday, July 13, 2015

Teach and Testify

So we're teaching an ex-hippie, and in one of our conversations we got on the topic of LSD. I told her that one of my friends did a project on LSD (shout-out to my boy Sean) in Biology class, because we were researching the effects of different drugs and stimulants on the brain. She then asked "Did he talk about what he saw?" I replied "Umm, no I don't think he-" her again: "Did he mention any of the colors?" And then my all-wise companion said "I don't think he actually took it" Then she said "Then how is he expected to do a report on it?" Haha I died that was so funny.

We're also teaching some refugees from a civil war in Myanmar, they are so humble and gave us some native food which was pretty good. They even pulled out from this special place some fish to give to us, we asked about it and they said "we use for birthday and holiday" They are so nice!! We felt bad for eating their delicacy!

Apostles and Prophets testify of Jesus Christ. We read from the Book of Mormon, a prophet named Jacob said: "For, for this intent have we written these things, that they may know that we knew of Christ, and we had a hope of his glory many hundred years before his coming; and not only we ourselves had a hope of his glory, but also all the holy prophets which were before us"(Jacob 4:4). I love the guidance that prophets from the scriptures and prophets in our day have to give. I love how they all point to Christ as how we can find solace in our lives. I love my mission! A modern-day apostle recently passed away, Boyd K. Packer. In one of his talks he shared this: 

"I now can say with all certainty
That I know and love the Lord.
I can testify with them of old
As I preach His holy word.
I know what He felt in Gethsemane
Is too much to comprehend.
I know He did it all for us;
We have no greater Friend.
I know that He will come anew
With power and in glory.
I know I will see Him once again
At the end of my life’s story.
I’ll kneel before His wounded feet;
I’ll feel His Spirit glow.
My whispering, quivering voice will say,
“My Lord, my God, I know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment