Monday, August 10, 2015

Another week in Perry-dise

Y'all are great. People think saying "y'all" in Iowa is weird but I think it's catching on. I'll be staying in Perry with Elder Marte for another 6 weeks, yay!
We went on exchanges this week in Ankeny, IA and we had a dinner appointment, turned out it was my 2nd cousin!! Our grandpas are brothers, such a small world, you never know. And Happy Birthday a couple days ago Benji!!! And we're teaching some awesome people from the Dominican Republic and it's impossible to understand them, Dominican Spanish is soo fast I legitimately thought it was a different language the first time I heard it.

This week I've been thinking a lot about the importance of actually DOING. And the importance of us, as missionaries, extending invitations for people to act on what we've taught to see if it works and see if it's from God. As we read in John 7:17 "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, orwhether I speak of myself." In order to know anything we have to act. God only gives us answers if we show him that we want them and ask him for them. I love being a missionary. I love reading the Bible and the Book of Mormon. I know they're the word of God because I've acted on the teachings and can feel the Holy Spirit in it all. Love y'all! If you want to send me mail my mailing address is now:1305 Otley Ave. Apt #4, Perry IA 50220.


And this lady wanted me to take a picture with her flowers because she was so proud of them haha

No comments:

Post a Comment