Monday, August 3, 2015

Hola Amigos

We helped someone trim her trees and that was fun and so many people were walking by and thanking us for doing something they'd always wanted done but never gotten around to haha. And wednesday I got a call from the Mission President saying "Elders, I'm about to change your world" and found out I was getting transferred to Perry that friday, due to logistical things. It was outside of regular transfers, so it's called an emergency transfer. Pretty sweet, I like Perry a lot.
So that was pretty much the biggest thing that happened this week, had to say goodbye to all of my friends in Marshalltown on short notice and move to Perry. My new companion is from Puerto Rico, Elder Marte. 

He is so awesome, and didn't know any english before coming on his mission a year ago! It's awesome, he tries to speak english all of the time and I try to speak spanish so we both teach eachother. We had some of our friends come to church this past week, and it's amazing how much of a difference having that spiritual upliftment influences your whole week! Besides from personal prayer and scripture study, church attendance makes such a huge impact on your life. Moroni 6:5 "And the church did meet together oft, to fast and to pray, and to speak one with another concerning the welfare of their souls" This week was kind of crazy but I'll write a better email next week. I love and miss you guys!! And these corn fields of Iowa are growing on me. I'll take some pictures of them next time probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment