Tuesday, October 6, 2015

2+1=3

So you know how missionaries are usually in pairs, well last week I was put into a trio! So much fun. The missionary I'm training, Elder Cortez is waiting for his visa to go to Ecuador and so he could leave at any time. He's from McAllen TX though so we can bond over talking about H-E-B and football and humidity and other texas things. My other companion is Elder Watts, from Kaysville, Utah. He's really awesome too!! Elder Watts has been told he looks like Jacob from Twilight and Freddy from iCarly.

We were on bikes, and we had to find and use an extra bike for the 3rd person, so we got this super old white street bicycle that is absolutely terrible to ride, doesn't change gears, no shocks, and the seat hurts hahaha and we call it "old independence".

We also wash our dishes with a Mr. Clean magic eraser.

We ran into a dish salesman while walking and he is a member of the church, and as he sells satellites he gives out copies of the Book of Mormon and gives us referrals. It's the coolest thing in the world.


Conference was spectacular. There were a lot of good talks. I was going to copy and paste something here from a talk but I don't think they have the words typed out yet, just the video. So here ya go. It's 10 minutes long so I don't expect you to watch it.https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2015/10?lang=eng&vid=4531487647001&cid=4
But it's super awesome, and I am going to "ponderize" a scripture a week I am super excited!!!! And here are some pictures of my comps and I.


No comments:

Post a Comment