Monday, November 2, 2015

Highlights

NEWS of the week- I'm being transferred out of Perry, IA. I'll tell you where I'm going next week when I find out. I'm super sad I love everyone here.

QUOTE of the week-  we were teaching a family about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and randomly the 12 year old blurts out "oh, I know what I want to be for Halloween now!" after everyone asked what, he said so obviously and matter-of-factly "I'll dress up as Jesus Christ!" after laughing we told him that might be sort of sacrilegious lol and he didn't have the beard for it anyway

CULTURAL exposure of the week- was invited into a mosque and read the Quran

TREASURE IN HEAVEN of the week- someone opened the door and said "go ---- yourselves" but how he said it was the door slammed right between he said "go" and "yourselves" it felt like a movie because you couldn't hear the middle word hahhaha for all we know he could have said "go treat yourselves" or something idk haha

spiritual experience- teaching a man who had some victories over drugs and alcohol, and he got up in the middle of church with tear-filled eyes and shared how the gospel has helped him overcome battles. It was so awesome I wish y'all could have been there. (Insert here most cliché and well-known scripture of I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me)
Alma 32: 42 And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst.
He's plucking of the fruit. I love you all have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment