Monday, January 11, 2016

Alma's Prayer

This week on a door approach, a lady answered the door. I start by saying, "Hi, how are you", and my companion just out of habit I guess goes "pretty good, and you?" hahaha she looked at us with a blank stare, we talked to her a bit, and we walked away and burst out laughing.

We knocked into some Nepali refugees, they fed us rice and curry stuff which we ate with our hands, also served with boiled milk blended with water which wasn't our favorite. It was great to experience the culture!

So our car was in the shop on tuesday, so we were getting a ride to a dinner appointment. We were at the apartment, and our ride would be to our apartment in 10 minutes, but we decided to leave the apartment and go finding for ten minutes. We just walked, and in the same apartments there was a lady that we offered to help her carry in groceries. She was so grateful, and turns out she is a member but hasn't gone to church for a few years, and just moved to cedar rapids and is going to start coming back!!! So great.

Also, we are teaching a great friend that will be baptized on February 6th.He offered to take me and my companion to a Iowa Hawkeyes wrestling dual meet that was coming up! We were super excited, but turns out we aren't allowed to go. At first I was super disappointed because that would have been amazing!! But after pondering on it, I soon became very grateful for the rules and felt bad for my desire to break them. I realized that all of the people that I've been able to touch have been because I was working hard and focused on my purpose of bringing others to Christ, and I don't want to do anything that would distract me from that purpose. I was reading in the Book of Mormon, the book of Alma chapter 29, and adopted Alma's prayer as my own
"9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.
 10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me."

I love it!! The Church is true, and Christ is our Savior!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment