Tuesday, January 19, 2016

One year!

So this past week was my year-mark. Went pretty fast. I also got set-up with a girl in Colombia. So that's nice. I also ate at the last pizza buffet that I will ever eat at (I tell myself that every time I eat at a buffet). 

We were able to find some new people to teach this week, including someone that does artwork for Jesus and wanted some of our pass-along cards to hand out to people he passes on the street.

Also, remember the lady we met last week that hasn't been to church in a while? She came to church and after the service, turned to us in tears and expressed how grateful she was for the church and for us talking to her. That touched my heart for sure.

We were teaching an investigator with a member, and after we extended the invitation to read a chapter from the Book of Mormon, he said that he'd try. The member then was super bold and explained how trying isn't doing, and the difference between the two. He then agreed to do it instead of just try, it was so awesome! It reminds me of the scripture, John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. 
We have to do the will of Heavenly Father, then we'll know of the doctrine!! In the words of our revered star trek character "There is no try, only do". I love being a missionary and let's make sure to do stuff instead of try stuff, preferably the things that God wants us to. 

this is my companion and I

No comments:

Post a Comment