Monday, March 7, 2016

Is this Heaven? No it's Iowa

So there are a lot of refugees from Africa that come to Iowa for work, it's awesome! So I was interviewing a few african kids this week, to see how well the missionaries taught them before they were baptized. So with a huge language barrier there were some funny experiences. The eight-year-old girl just started to "dap...?" in the middle of the interview, apparently that's a hip new dance move the kids are doing nowadays. Also the 12-year-old girl asked if anyone has ever died being baptized and I told her only about half haha she looked terrified but I told her I was kidding.

This week we also cleaned an elderly lady's house a little bit and taught her about the Book of Mormon and baptism. We also went to Texas Roadhouse on the 2nd, and I was astounded to find out that no one working there knew that it was Texas independence day on march 2nd!! Come on people it's TEXAS roadhouse!! Haha kidding I knew no one would know about it, but it was funny to joke about it with them.

So remember Chuck, how awesome he is, and was baptized a month ago? His wife was baptized this week! And I got to give her the confirmation, in spanish!! Super spiritual experience!! Pretty much made my life! And that's why we're here, that's the Doctrine of Christ, to have faith, repent, be baptized, receive the Holy Ghost through Confirmation, and endure to the end!!!! In the words of Christ himself "Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and whoso buildeth upon this buildeth upon my rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them." This is how to be safe and happy in this life!!! Follow the plan!!! Thanks y'all for being great friends and the church is true.


No comments:

Post a Comment