Wednesday, March 23, 2016

M-Town Part II

This week I was transferred back to Marshalltown! Where I spent the first 6 months of my mission! This almost NEVER happens, going back to the same area.
 
It's been SO great catching up with all of the people we taught here and all of our friends. They have also fed us a lot so we've gotten like 3 dinners a day it's been a reunion party for sure!!!

We had a pokemon lesson this week with a 9-year-old, every time we kill a pokemon we teach him something, and if we won he had to come to church, and if he won he got to come to church haha. I have never played pokemon before though so I blame that loss on my lack of experience/childhood.

Someone we taught last time I was here, Jerry, didn't know I was coming back!! So I disguised myself in regular people clothes, shades a beanie and hoodie, and came up behind him and flipped over a dirty magazine (an insider, he remembers when I used to do that), and he thought it was fishy, then I revealed myself!! It was super funny. 

Also in iowa everyone LOVES to talk politics, which we try to keep out of our lessons, but some hispanics were talking about how trump is going to build a wall, and they said it's going to come back and bite us because when "the day after tomorrow" movie comes true, we'll be trying to run down to mexico and the wall will prevent us haha

LOVE THIS SCRIPTURE John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." In what ways is Jesus the way, in what ways is Jesus the truth, and in which ways is Jesus the life? It's cool to think about his purpose in giving us an example, teaching us, and most importantly saving us from the bonds of death and sin!!! I love you all have an awesome week.


No comments:

Post a Comment