Monday, April 25, 2016

Martha's Vineyard

This week Elder Collins left, and I got a new companion Elder Watts. I am staying in Marshalltown. I have served with Elder Watts before, so it's pretty chill. 
I ate ham salad sandwiches for the first time, and cow stomach this week.
Jerry gave me a tie from Martha's Vineyard, because apparently the Kennedys are from there. It's a really nice tie though.

Also, we have black boxes in our car that say "check your speed" or "aggressive driving" if you drive or turn too fast or go over a bump. So apparently I got too many of those because I got sent a defensive driving course in the mail lol

We got a random call this week, a referral from some members to go teach a family. So we drove over there and taught the whole family and it was a great lesson and the parents want to get married and they all want to get baptized and we got to use our spanish, it was the best thing in the world!!!

So, we baptized someone last time I was in Marshalltown, last year, and he is like our best friend. He comes out to lessons with us and is just the best!!! He started his mission papers this week!! He said he was praying in the car on the way to school and the spirit just hit him and told him that he needed to serve a mission. Isn't that amazing??

When we allow the Spirit to work in us, Heavenly Father is able to make us more than we can make of ourselves on our own. Nourish the good word!!! Alma 32:

41 But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

 42 And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst.

I love being on a mission and seeing that seed grow in myself as well as others!!!!!!!! Mostly others!!!!! I love you all. 
Now, picture time.

1-parking illegally, maybe stuff like this is why i am taking a defensive driving course

2-me, my new comp Elder Watts, and my Martha's Vineyard tie


3-me this morning and a rainbow is in the pic

4-the floods in houston!!! They're real!! That's like 2 streets away from me...and you can see the Houston Temple <3


No comments:

Post a Comment