Monday, May 2, 2016

"I'm uplifted and that's a fact"

We've been teaching someone for a couple weeks and we just noticed they have frogs! Just in a tank that they caught and sometimes eat. So naturally, I asked if I could pick one up. I hesitated, and asked him if they bite. He said "They don't bite, I even tried to tick them off by hitting them in the head but they don't do anything...they don't bite". Haha

Also we did some service, just mulching and planting cannis (not to be confused with cannabis, although iowa has plenty of that that the natives call ditchweed).
During the service I had to eat a worm to gain respect from the kids. I picked the smallest worm.

A lady said she was too busy to talk because she had a lot of dishes to do. So one of us taught her while the other tackled the dishes. We're here to serve!

While finding people to teach this week, we talked to a guy who brushed us off and preceded his walk away with the phrase "I'm uplifted and that's a fact". For some reason that phrase stuck with me. Although I don't know the cause of this man's upliftment, (some things lead me to believe it may have been because of the iowan ditchweed aforementioned), the principle is the same. We need to be conscious of who is uplifting us! I love this verse from Isaiah: "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness"(41:10). Let us pray for, and be appreciative of the support and upliftment that our Lord gives us every day!!! His power is real. I feel it every day, and I need Him. I love you all have a good week. Remember to pray and read the scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment